Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Because That's How We Roll

Sometimes I think my family and myself thrive on having way too many irons in the fire. Things are all sorts of crazy up in here. That's the excuse I tell myself for why I've not been blogging :). This whole raising 3 boys (4 if you count the dog - and I do) has turned into crazy = normal.

Here are some recent recaps of the Crazy Mueller Family. :)


  • Our new puppy Gunnar is a one way trip to Crazy Town. I say that in the sweetest way though. We love him soo much! The boys adore being met at the door by him when they get home from school and I can tell that he misses them too. But, this whole potty training a dog when its cold outside is just nuts!! He is finally getting better but I really can't wait until he 100%.

The last picture cracks me up. He was sleeping on some dirty clothes (don't judge...) that were laying on our bathroom floor. I went to get them to start the wash (so of course he had to move) and he got mad and went and curled up BEHIND THE TOILET to go back to sleep. 

  • While doing laundry I discovered the most disgusting pair of jeans that I've ever seen in my life. I started the cleaning process and then just gave up all together. They are going in the trash! Hopefully the trash guys don't report us to the police for suspicious behavior...

(now no one get all hepped up...my husband was field dressing among other things a deer he had shot. If the police do show up I'll just show them the hot mess of an outside freezer that just fills me with pride...

Frozen deer scalp/skull a la Charles Manson anyone?? :)
  • I pulled a Coprolite out of my washing machine this morning. How many of you can say you've ever washed fossilized dinosaur poop before?? Anyone or is just me??  The crap that comes out of my kids pocket never ceases to amaze me.
  •  
 

  •  I still have ONE last Christmas card to mail. My friend who's getting it is a total sweetheart though and will understand.

  • We had Graham and Griffin switch bedrooms recently. We came to the realization that our oldest really needed his own bathroom. Griffin's bedroom had one that we really never used. It just made sense. We also did a lot of work in our upstairs hallway and had our walls around our stairs finally!! painted. 
Graham's new room!

Girffin's new room!


Parts and pieces of the boys upstairs hallway (and a tiny portion of the painted stairs). We tried to put mostly fun and inspirations sayings on the wall. 
  • OMG. Did I also tell you that I've been redoing the boys jack and jill bathroom upstairs?? I forgot to take before picture (because, duh, I've been busy... :). It was a super hot mess of 1980's wallpaper and just overall yuck. Here it is now! (well mostly, I'm not quite done with all of it yet...) 

Its a narrow jack/jill bathroom so I could never quit get in there for you to see the whole thing. I tried to take pictures of each little aspect though. I like to call it "mature pirate". HA! It turned out really great and I'm super proud of it!

  • Lest everyone rush out to purchase Mother Of The Year awards, here is a picture of what I saved in my computer as "Reality.png"... :)



Griffin is crying because he is two and longer wants to hold my hand OR wear pants. He and a little girl I watch tore up Grady's room while Grady was at school today. This is a fairly usual occurrence. :)  

Like I said before, we seem to live in swirling day to day choas. That's how we roll and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

You CRACK. me. UP. "One way ticket to Crazy Town" . . . HILARIOUS!!! Totally understand, though. Tell Bob that I'm pretty sure Dad NEVER got that much blood on him while field dressing. ;) Love the pirate bathroom, but the giant jar creeps me out a bit. I can't tell what its contents are . . . LOL. Love you all!!!!

Nicole said...

I'm laughing about the crap that comes out of your kids' pockets...crap, dinosaur poop,get it? Ha!!

Love the redos, your house looks really good! Come help me decorate?

ginmommy said...

You always make me laugh! I understand that you are busy and sometimes blogging takes a back seat, but I love it when you do blog :-) And that sweet dog? How cute is he...:-)

Unknown said...

Oh I do miss you blogging but trust me I get it... Life is crazy:) love this little update and peek at your house, it is all so cute! Your boys are blessed to have such a great Mamma!

Kacey said...

I love the pirate bathroom! Very cool Mama!

Kerry said...

Well hello there stranger!! Look who is back? Finally :) I loved this post because this is so our lives too!! Each day is chaotic, noisy and just as you described and I have to remind myself in the midst of all that chaos these are the days that I want to have last forever!! I have missed reading your posts, it is so good to catch up with you guys and these pics are super cute!! What a gorgeous puppy, nothing but mischief I bet!! Hope you are doing great my friend xoxo

Heidi said...

Hey! We have the same planner! (well, different photos, obviously, but...)

Just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment on my post the other day. It was really sweet and always ...comforting?...to meet another member of the angel mom club that none of us wanted to join ;)

LOVE your cute fam!!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved