Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I hope that you day is filled with all the joy and love in the world!

We don't usually do too much around here to celebrate the day. I prefer a simple day filled with "I love you!" said way too many times (if there is such a thing :) and lots of extra hugs and snuggles. I did make the boys some cupcakes while they were away at school though.


Both my older boys are having Valentine's Day parties at school. They are both super excited because both classes have elected to have breakfast parties! They can not wait for their special waffles and donuts! We have spent an endless amount of time working on Valentines cards for their classmates and teachers. :)


I have to pause and tell you the funniest story very quickly :). Graham came home from school this past Monday and said to me "Mom, I have two friends that I like to play with at recess but they don't like each other very much. I want to send them each a Valentine from each other so that maybe they will start to like each other." I have to admit that this little bit of Valentine trickery sounded just great to me. I couldn't think of a reason why not so I helped him to falsely sign each card. (These boys are in different classes in the same grade so they really shouldn't know that the cards are from Graham just as long as he is able to keep his mouth shut :).


I don't really have that much Valentine's decor up in my house. Mostly just things that are red, romantic or pretty :).

Lots of love to everyone!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13 : 4-8

3 comments:

The Momma said...

I absolutely love Graham's big heart in this story!

Happy Valentine's Day friend! XOXO

Unknown said...

What a great story. I can picture my daughter doing something like that when she is in school.

momto8blog said...

the scripture quote beets Hallmark any day!
I got my valentines lovely decor at the dollar store!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved