Monday, June 17, 2013

Sponge Water Bombs!

I'm always out on a search for home-made summer fun! I'd seen other people online making sponge water bombs and decided that I could totally do the same.


I started out with about 10 sponges and cute them into 8 sections each.


I stacked them like this so that when I tied them together the alternating colors would show up well.


I had an adorable helper that just had to be in a picture. Fine by me!! I love this sweet face. :)


I used a loop of fishing line about this long. WORD TO THE WISE... If I make these again, I will use a zip tie. These were very hard to get tied and several broke during water play.


Once pulled tight they look like this! I think I was about to make about 10 of them.


I filled this container with water outside and the kiddo's had a ball!


I hope to add more colors to our bombs as the summer goes on!


4 comments:

Katie said...

Love this idea! How fun!

The Momma said...

What a great idea! Totally stealing this from you! :)

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

Zip tie is genius! I think I used dental floss. LOL

Candance said...

I am majorly impressed by how straight you cut those and how they're all the same size. Like, really in awe cause I can't achieve either of those things when cutting.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved