Thursday, October 20, 2011

Griffin Is 3 Weeks Old!

(yesterday)

HA! Are you super surprised that I'm late once again posting something that should have been done yesterday? :) Sounds like my pregnancy updates... But, better late than never right?!



I promise that soon I will post pictures of my baby awake for a change! He just still sleeps soo darn much during the day that its super hard to catch him awake to actually get a picture. He is awake soo much during the night but I refuse to take his picture then...:)

At 3 weeks Griffin :

  • has just lost his umbilical cord! Gross story, but for my records, when I went to change his diaper in the middle of the night last night I found it laying inside his onsie. Umbilical cords (dried or otherwise) totally skeve me out. I know its a wonderful part of both him and I but I hate to even look at them. Yesterday I was giving him a sponge bath and I could see where it was trying to separate. It was a little bloody and gunky and I panicked just a little and called both my hubby and my SIL. You would think that this is not my 3rd go around...

  • has managed to sleep until 2ish am on 3 occasions! Can I get a WHOOP! Most other nights he wakes up every 2 hours to eat. Other bad bad bad nights he NEVER.EVER.SLEEPS.

  • has started to do this silly fast breathing when I'm talking to him. I think that he's trying to work up to cooing. I can't wait! :)

  • has a love/hate relationship with his swaddling blanket. Some nights he sleeps sooo good with it on him. Other nights I can hear him thrashing around trying to get his arms free. He is soo red faced mad then!

  • is still eating like a monster. I have caved a couple of times and given him a little bit of formula when I can tell he is starving and I just don't have any left. (I have also caved and given him a little bit of cereal off a spoon too... no judgement please!)

  • can still wear preemie sized clothing. He wears it about half the time now instead of all the time. I am pretty sure he weighs at least 8 1/2 pounds and 21 inches now but we all know how newborn and 0-3 month sized clothes lie about fitting newborns. I'm glad I got some clothes in this size before he was born because I have really used it! After the frustration of clothes just not fitting my first two boys I finally wised up, ignored the tag in preemie clothes that states "up to 5 pounds" (yet another clothing lie), and purchased some outfits.

On a side note ~ can you all please say a quick prayer this morning for a couple I know that just found out that they lost their baby? From my very general understanding she went in for her 3 month checkup on Monday and the baby didn't have a heartbeat. I know how heartbreaking and devastating it can be to feel like you are out of the woods and then have something bad happen...

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far!  

7 comments:

The Mama said...

What a sweet face!!! :)

I agree about the unbilical cords, they just always kind of grossed me out. :)

Praying for your friends. So sad.

The Anglin Family said...

I can't believe he is 3 weeks old! Wow..it sure flies by way faster once they are here than when you are pregnant!
I bought Camden preemie outfits too. They got the first couple of weeks much better than the 0-3.

I will say a prayer for the people you know. It is devastating.

Tristan said...

he is so precious!!


saying a prayer for the couple!

ccc said...

Hillary-- when I looked at his sweet picture I could almost smell that wonderful newborn baby smell! You are so lucky to be able to sniff that! I would sniff my kids all the time :)
I never bought preemie clothes or even newborn since most of my kids were close to 10 lbs at birth and gained steadily just like Griffin is doing.
And, don't worry about us judging you!!Never! You're a great momma.

Mary said...

He is so cute!! What a sweet little guy!! 3 weeks already?!? Oh my gosh time seems to be flying by! I never thought about preemie outfits...I was always told not to even get a lot of newborn since he will probably out grow them quickly. I think I might go buy some just in case.

DandelionBreeze said...

He's adorable :)) Sleep is so precious... hope you both get more and more :) Thinking of your friend... so heartbreaking to go through. Love always xoxo

Kerry said...

Great post! He's adorable Hillary xoxo

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved