Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Easy Homemade Beef Stroganoff

We had homemade Beef Stroganoff for dinner last night and it was unbelievably easy and soo good! Thank goodness I doubled the recipe!


This is it ready to cook! If there is a particularly long cooking time then I just go ahead and add my meat in still frozen to save time and effort on my part :).

Homemade Beef Stroganoff:

2 pounds Beef Stew Meat
2 cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
5-6 shakes of Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Onion chopped
1 - 8 ounce block of cream cheese (next time I will try doing just 4 ounces, I think I might like it even better!)      
1/2 cup water

In a slow cooker with the heat set to low, add Stew Meat, Soup, Worcestershire, Onion, and Water. Cook for 8 hours. Right before serving time, add in the cream cheese. Serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or even rice!

Seriously y'all, how much easier could this get?? :) I decided to do both egg noodles and mashed potatoes and then just let everyone pick what they liked. Success! I had meant to get an after picture but the plates of food were being devoured so quickly. :) I also wanted to point out briefly that it looks like a ton of onion going in there and I briefly panicked because my kiddo's are pretty anti-onion. They cooked down to almost nothing though and the boys didn't even notice that they were in there! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy it looks great thanks for sharing :)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved