Monday, December 12, 2011

My Breast Friend

Good old lefty. She was always there when I needed her. She was the best producer of the two and I could always count on her to supply enough for my little ones whenever they were hungry. I was soo proud!

Not so much anymore.

Last night around 1 AM Lefty let me down in the most horrible way possible. Lefty got plugged up and then Lefty proceeded to get an infection. I went from waking up at 1 AM in a little bit of pain to getting into a hot hot shower by 2 AM, then onto the living room to try and pump (Griffin was sacked out cold and there was no way in HECK I was going to purposely wake him up). By 2:30 ish I was in pain past the point of me baring it. I took my temperature and it was 99.7. I knew that there was something bad going on in my chest. I woke Bobby up when I started shivering and sweating uncontrollably. When he took my temperature at 3 AM it was 102.1. Crap.

We decided that it was time to call my OB's office and see if we should head to the ER or wait it out for the next morning and call for an appointment. Thanks be to God that it was my OB, Dr. Womack, that was on call! She called me right back and I told her what was going on. She said that it was up to us as to if we should wait for an appointment or head to the ER. She pretty much said what I knew all along. Pump and breastfeed as.much.as.possible. She also asked if we had any leftover antibiotics from any family member floating around our house. Sadly we didn't so I couldn't start on anything earlier rather than later.

Bobby and I barely survived the rest of the night. My fever spiked at 103.2 around 4 AM. I was just soo shocked that I went to bed just fine and hours later I felt like death warmed over.

My sweet hubby took Griffin and myself to my OB's office for a quick check and a prescription for antibiotics. Ugg. I'm feeling a little bit better now. I still feel like I'm fighting the flu though. I can't wait for my hubby to get home tonight so I can head back off to bed!

7 comments:

The Mama said...

Bless your heart, mastisis at its worst huh? I am so sorry. Hope the meds work quickly and you are feeling better VERY soon my friend!

Chelsea said...

I had that with my son, and my goodness I thought I had the flu. That was something not fun!! I hope you feel better soon, and keep pumping often, often, often!

Beth Ann said...

Ugh! Mastitis is one of my biggest fears! Hope you are better ASAP!

PS- My Lefty is my breast friend, too! And she darn well better stay that way! Bahaha!

The Anglin Family said...

Oh that stinks Hillary!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!! I'm so sorry, it is SO miserable. I'm praying you get to feeling better quick!! Hugs!

Tristan said...

that is miserable!!!
praying your better asap!!!

Jayme said...

Oh man that stinks! I hope it clears up asap!

Amy said...

OMG girl... I didn't know you had been so sick... I'm glad you were feeling better by the time we can to visit...

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved