Friday, February 24, 2012

House Proud??

So I have an old friend from High School coming over to hang out tonight at my house. I haven't seen her in at least 3 years so I'm super excited! Of course I have spent the better part of the morning trying my best to tidy up the house (that she will be seeing for the first time...). I realize that this is a some-what futile thing to be doing as my 3 boys pretty much are the equivalent of an F-5 tornado these days. But still, I feel obligated to try. Dang-it! I like to at least try to impress people the first time around!

I finally made it to wiping down the kitchen table that I so lovingly restored all by myself. Guess what I found that wouldn't wipe up??


It now looks like we celebrate Mardi Gras year round...

I could have SWORN that the paint we were using the other day was that really good kid-friendly, wipe right up kind.

I was soo soo wrong. Grrr.



4 comments:

ccc said...

I so understand the frustration of keeping a house clean with kids--let alone boys. I have too many mishaps with crafts to count--I hope that you don't break your back fixing the table back up :)

Jayme said...

Ugh I hate that. Our table is relatively new and it's finish is all messed up thanks to stickers @@

Amy said...

I don't think I ever got my first time ood look! :0 j/k

Kerry said...

Uh oh!!!
I hope you managed to get that off lol
Do you get anxious like I do when someone comes over??

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved