Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Family Pizza Night!

Despite having pizza for lunch at The Jumpy Place today, Graham and I decided that we needed more for dinner! (The little man growing inside of me right now might have had just a little bit of say in this too.... :) I remembered that I had pizza dough (the crazy easy just add water kind) in my pantry and pretty much if that is there then I'm all set!


I have 4 individual pizza pans that I got from one of my besties, Deborah.  Her dad used to have his own pizza place with the best pizza ever!! To say that these pizza pans are well-seasoned is an understatement!



I love making this pizza because you can pretty much put on it whatever you have in your fridge! Next time we plan on doing this when we have some leftover chicken and using an Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese! Yum!

For our pizza tonight we used just the regular jarred spaghetti sauce that I had in the pantry, shredded cheese, diced onion and green bell pepper, and crumbled breakfast sausage (told you that you could add anything!). We have some other ideas to try this also as a Mexican pizza next time with picante sauce instead of tomato sauce, taco meat, Mexican cheese, the topped (but not baked with) lettuce and tomato!





I had some very cute little helpers!



This is what the pizza looked like that Bobby and I had! It was beyond good!



This was Graham's pizza. Notice the lack of veggies?? :) We are still working on that...

I need some more ideas! Do you ever make your own pizza? How would you make it differently? 

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Yum!!
The last few times we've made homemade pizza, we bought the tubes of dough that are with the crescent rolls and biscuits and stuff and they're rectangle, so we've been rolling it up like a jelly roll with all the toppings and cheese except sauce and slicing it into 'pinwheels' according to the kids and letting them dip it into little bowls of sauce. For some reason they think it's so cool to dip stuff.

The Anglin Family said...

Looks yummy:).
I make sour cream pizza a lot. It's yummy. I mix sour cream with Italian seasoning and spread it on the crust. Then I add ground beef with peppers and onions and add some mozz and sliced tomatoes. It's really yummy.:)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved