Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birthday Weekend Re-Cap!

I have just had the best birthday weekend ever! It was a wonderful couple of days spent with loving family and friends and I am just feeling so loved and blessed right now... just what I was needing! While Graham was at school on Thursday, Grady and I went up to Bobby's work and took him to lunch. We went and ate lunch at Luby's which I have been down-right craving lately!!

Grady is just at that super-silly age where this is all you get when you beg him to smile for a picture!

My handsome hubby!



Grady and I went straight home for some big-time, big-belly naps after all that good comfort food! When I woke up I found flowers that had been delivered to our door step from Bobby.

The card read "I can not believe it has been 10 years. It does not seem that time has passed, I guess when you enjoy who you are with it makes time fly. I love you more and more every day. ~ with all my soul, all my heart, all my beans"

Bobby's card to me totally made me cry. I love to see that we said almost the same thing to each other in our cards! Bobby was able to leave work early that day and so we were able to head into New Braunfels and eat some dinner out! Yeah no cooking for me! We met Bobby's parents at the Longhorn Steak House. Also super yummy!

Of course we tried to get pictures of the family while we were there and all that I can say is that pretty much I give up on ever getting a perfect one! From now on I'll just be content that we are all looking in the same direction!


Exhibit: A


Exhibit: B

Exhibit: C


Exhibit: D Bobby's Parents (Omi and Opi to our kids!)


Ahh...Finally a picture where we are both looking straight ahead!
Omi and Opi were sweet and brought me fun gift cards and cute flowers and balloons!


This is the super funny balloon my MIL brought me. Oh to be one again... :)

This is the other balloon my MIL brought. My hubby thinks that it looks like the blown-up frog from the first SHREK movie!



Friday, one of my best friends drove down from Dallas to come and see me! Love you soo much Amy for taking the time to hang out with me! She was headed in my general direction but she totally made a several hour detour for me. We were able to see a movie on Friday. We picked " The Roommate". Yeah, it was completely predictable but still good fun! We took pictures together. Remember what I said earlier about trying to get good ones? I guess I need to give up all the way around...



You can not even begin to imagine the number of "more chins than the Chinese phone book" jokes were made here...


Still can't stop laughing...
Amy was awesome and brought her two little daschunds with her for our dog Crash to play with. They TORE it up here having such a good time together. Sometimes I worry that Crash doesn't get exposed to enough dogs and this is always such a good experience for him.


Saturday we had a great day at Graham's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. I love love love that Graham can be part of such a great organization. He has learned so many new leadership skills in the 3 years that he's been involved! Bobby and Graham started working on his car a couple of weeks ago and their time really paid off! He came home with one 3rd place trophy (where he was separated from first and second place by only .100 and .200 of a second) for his den and 7th overall! Good Job Graham. We are soo proud of you!


Graham and his friend Michael.



Bobby working soo hard with the other men!


Graham and his Bear Den.





This is pretty much how Grady spent his time...eating and drinking!

Saturday night we went out to eat again! Guess how much weight I have gained in 4 days. Its horrible! We ate at one of our favorite seafood place, Sea Island. We met Bobby's parents again, Bobby's brother Cody and his wife Melanie, and Bobby's sister Stacy and her boyfriend Jason. Good thing that I forgot to take pictures while we were there. I don't think that this post could handle any more! I still have more stuff from Sunday to post on but for everyone's sanity (including my own :) I'll wait until tomorrow !

Hope everyone had a great weekend!



1 comment:

Amy said...

Take my picture down. now! nowwww! eek!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. I know you've been through some rough times lately and if I could take it all away, I would. Wish I could have done more for you/with you! We'll get together again soon, I promise! :)
Love ya and happy valentine's days muffin! :)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved