Saturday, February 19, 2011

We May Never Make it to a Toddler Bed...

So this morning when Bobby went to get Grady up from his bed he noticed that our poor baby had a pretty bad scratch on his foot. He immediately went to check the mattress and sure enough, several springs were poking through! Now this may be alarming to some people to hear this story, but for our house this is oddly the norm. In fact today I had to go and buy Grady his THIRD crib mattress today. And let me tell you, the first two were not cheap. Both being around $100 each we figured that we would get all the use out of them that we could and maybe then some. Our oldest son Graham used his for years! First in his crib and then it went on to beautifully transition onto his toddler bed. He probably used ONE mattress for 4 years! Not so much for our little el-destructo Grady. I literally bought the cheapest one that I could find because if I have to get another in 3 more months I'll have a hissy-fit if I feel that it was just more wasted money!

Our silly monkey likes to take some time to settle down for naps and bed. He amuses himself by jumping (surprise surprise). We have tried countless times to lay him down later thinking that it would equal sleeping sooner but no dice. He still goes through the same "settle down" time irregardless. He also does this in the middle of the night. Kudos to him for not crying when he wakes up but rather finding other "entertainment" until he goes back to sleep. Can I just say how much I dread when its time to move him to a toddler bed with out any rails to keep him restrained?! Bobby and I may just never get another whole nights sleep ever again. Or he may still be sleeping in a crib when he goes off to Kindergarten....



This hole was the worst. I'm pretty sure this one was the culprit in the foot scratching too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, are you friends with Jenna from "Jenna's Journey"? I was wondering why Jenna was not invited to Kelly's shower? I also noticed that Kelly has deleted Jenna from her blogroll and from her Twitter followers. Kelly is so sweet. Jenna must have done something really, really awful to upset Kelly so much. Do you know what happened?

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved