Friday, February 4, 2011

Chilly Weather Cooking!

It has FINALLY started to get cold in Texas (well South Texas that is)! We are kinda starting to match the rest of the nation. Everyone up north must think that we are all crazy down here but we just get soo excited when it starts to get cold and much more importantly SNOWS!



The colder it gets here the more I am drawn to cooking in my beloved crock pot! I like it because I can start to make dinner for us in the morning and then I'm pretty much stress-free and ready to serve by the time Bobby gets home from work. I also adore the smell that fills my house while the food cooks! Yesterday my heart swelled with pride when Graham got off the school bus and entered the house and the first thing that he said to me was "Something smells good Mom". I feel so grateful that while its soo cold and blustery outside, we are inside, warm, and with good food to fill our bellies!

I had a whole chicken in my deep freeze just begging to be cooked. So guess what we ate last night?? :)







Oh my gosh, not to "toot my own horn" but it was soo good! So good in fact that I'm pretty sure I want to cook out of my crock pot for the next week! Don't be surprised if that's the only post that you see from me for a while. Because to me COLD = FOOD!

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe!

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved