Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lasagna Wheels!

Oh my gosh this dish is soo easy and yummy! It really is identical to making homemade lasagna but you just put it together differently. I like to make my sauce homemade (also super easy) but you can easily use the jarred stuff.

What you need for the sauce:

1 lb. hamburger meat (I like 80/20 for the extra flavor that it adds!)

2-3 10 oz. cans of tomato sauce (you can use more or less if you like yours tighter or wetter)

1/4 cup diced onions

2 tsp. Lawry's Seasoning Salt

2 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt

2 tsp. Dried Basil

2 tsp. Dried Oregano

5 tsp. Soy Sauce

5 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce

(The last two ingredients may sound totally odd-ball but those are the most important. They impart such a rich, amazing flavor to the sauce!) Brown meat and onion together then add all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 30-45 minutes on low stirring occasionally.

What you need for the filling :

32 oz. Ricotta Cheese

1 egg

3 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt

1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese

My family and I love Ricotta Cheese so I usually add a lot. You can totally change this to your preference! Sometimes I add a little extra sauce in or even drained spinach!






Boil lasagna noodles with several dashes of Olive Oil. (I boil the whole package but don't always use all the noodles - its just nice to have a backup when some tear!) Once noodles are done, dried, and cooled lay them flat and smear the filling along the whole length of the noodle. Start at one end and start rolling! Continue until you have filled a large Pyrex dish. Simple as that!

Cover Lasagna Wheels in the sauce and top with Mozzarella cheese.

Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.



The best part of this dish is that everything can be pre- made separately much earlier in the day and right before dinner time just top the Lasagna Wheels with sauce and bake. I love that about this dish! I make this in the morning while the kids are playing and then have ZERO to stress about when its time to start dinner!

3 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Yum... what a great recipe :)) xo

Melanie Mueller said...

Oh that looks so good!!!! Gonna have to try it!! =)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hi, you won the giveaway at my blog! :) Send me your address at erin.branscom(at)gmail.com

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved