Friday, February 4, 2011

Show Us Your Life ~ What Do You Feed Your Kids?????

This week I'm joining up with Kelly from Kelly's Korner to do Show us your life - What do you feed your kids????

This is such a hard topic for me. I feel like I try so hard to make them plates with as many different food groups as I can but usually only half gets eaten. I try to do a protein, a dairy, a grain, and a fruit. Sadly I have given up on any vegetables. Graham will sometimes eat a couple bites of green beans but that's it. Grady won't eat any. Since I decided long ago to pick and choose my battles this is one that I give up on because the fights at the dinner table are upsetting to everyone when its night after night. I usually supplement with those sneaky fruit and vegetable kid drinks. Apple & Eve Fruitables Juice Beverage 32 Variety Pack
I will say that I have gotten Grady to eat hummus and guacamole on several occasions and lately he has even eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (gasp!). I don't feel that my kids are all that picky, they just eat like kids. If it looks funny or smells funny then its a no go.

Usually I try and sneak extras in where they don't notice. Lasagna is an easy one. A little extra sauce and a little extra stewed tomatoes and I count that as a food success around this house!

Most typically my boys are eating chicken nuggets, steak fingers, popcorn shrimp, mac-n-cheese, chips, granola bars, and raisins (I totally could keep going on with this list but you get the general idea of things!). This Christmas I wanted to ask for the Jessica Seinfeld cook book (but forgot) :
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

or this other one that I've heard is pretty identical :

The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals

I like the idea of being able to fulfill my kids nutritional needs without having to depend on juice boxes or chewy vitamins. Guess who is off to the book store this weekend!



Gotta keep my babies healthy and happy!


No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved