Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Bathroom Checked Off The "To Do" List!

Does anyone remember this post? Probably not :). I think that when I wrote it I had been blogging for like an entire month. It has been almost a year and we finally finished another bathroom in our home!

Just to quickly recap... our house needs a lot of work. It was built and decorated in the totally tubular 80's :). Bobby and I love the way our home is situated and the space that it provides for our family but it needs some serious updating!! Like most families these days, we are doing it ourselves and working with a budget. Even then, it is still taking us a lot of time.

Last January, I stated to re-do "Caroline's bathroom". It's the spare bathroom that is attached to the bedroom upstairs that will soon be Griffin's. At the time I started I was still knee deep in grief over Caroline's loss and the only way I knew how to cope was to stay as busy as possible.


This is the before picture! Don't you just looove the pink and blue plaid wall paper!! :) I didn't. Also, the shower door drove me nuts as did the pale color of the cabinet.

This bathroom was the 3rd project that I started in our house. The first thing that I changed was to have Bobby remove the shower doors. They were just so....Gold. The next thing that I did was to spray texture onto the wallpaper and then paint over with a nice neutral beige.


Good Bye scary shower doors!!

I forgot to take a picture of the paint on the walls because that night I decided that with all this home remodeling I was doing  and paint fumes I was breathing, I should probably make sure that I wasn't pregnant.

As we all know now, I WAS!!

I promptly stopped all the hard labor and Bobby said that he would finish the bathroom for me. :) My poor hubby has been soo busy that here we are, almost a year later and it is finally done!!


We pretty much did almost everything in the bathroom (with the exception of replacing the floors and the counter top). We replaced all the hardware, replaced the mirror, and painted the walls and cabinets. There are still some minor touch-ups to be done to the paint but overall I am in love with how it all turned out!

I am soo proud that we have checked off another thing on our household "to-do" list. I can't wait to tackle the rest of the house!

9 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

Much better!! You know I love me some black cabinets!!;) I still have the stuff to do my kitchen, just haven't done it yet lol;)
Love it, you did great!!

Tristan said...

wow! it looks so good!
eeek.those shower doors..

ccc said...

well done. I have textured walls that we did over paneling in one of our rooms. I never thought about doing it over wall paper. That would be so much easier than taking it off. We are looking to take off old wallpaper in our bedroom and you gave me a great idea.

Kerry said...

What a big difference!! I love it, the dark is actually really nice isn't it! Great job you two :)

Jayme said...

It looks great! I love the color the shower curtain/towel bring in to it!

The Mama said...

WOW!!!! Looks GREAT!!!! The before and after is amazing!! Looks so so awesome!!!!

Mary said...

Wow!! That looks a lot better!! I love it!! I've been trying to get hubby to redo our bathroom for the past year. I'm really not sure when it will get done...maybe another year or two!!

Beth Ann said...

Looks GREAT!

Melanie Mueller said...

Looks AWESOME!!! Good job!! Such a difference!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved