Monday, May 30, 2011

Front Yard Surprise!

This morning I decided to get up earlier than everyone else. I wanted to piddle around my kitchen for a second, make some coffee, check some blogs :), and pretty much just have a few quiet moments to myself. I started our coffee maker and then went to open our blinds in the kitchen where our bay windows are at. Can you guess what was right in front of me as I turned open the first blind?





It was a Momma doe and her brand new baby! I think she must have had him or her overnight. The baby still looked wet to me and it's little legs were trembling when it was walking.

I immediately burst into tears and ran to get my camera. It was soo hard to take their picture! Every time I turned the wand to open the blinds the Momma could hear me and I was super afraid that she would dart off. I managed to get these four pictures before they left our yard though!

We live in a neighborhood filled with White Tailed Deer so its common enough to see them pretty much every single day (sometimes in large herds). But, I've never seen a Momma and her little one up soo close and at such a quiet wonderful time of the morning where it's just me and my little guy hanging out too!

God is soo good and I'm so thankful for the little joys that he sprinkles in my life here and there to remind me of his love and presence!

"May the Lord bless you with all the things that will assure you of His love. His presence, and His daily care for you."

~ Author Unknown

5 comments:

Mary said...

What a wonderful sign!! At least I take it as a sign :) I'm glad you were able to capture that beautiful moment!

Anonymous said...

that is so precious.

(tristan)

Nink said...

Awwwww, what a special surprise! :)

DandelionBreeze said...

What a gorgeous surprise... and a truly beautiful sign xoxo

ccc said...

HI! Just catching up on all your latest posts. We have been on vacation. I am so glad that your dr appt was good. You sound so upbeat and positive--that's great!
I, too, take the deer as a good sign. A momma deer with a newborn --did you check to see if it was a boy too? Just kidding :)
Lots of hugs to you.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved