Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prayer Cross

Several years ago my mother-in-law gave me a prayer cross that I keep on a decorative pillow on my bed. It holds a little piece of paper on the inside that says this...






The Prayer Cross
I'm your little prayer cross,
just place me on your bed.
I'll be there to remind you of the
sacrifice Jesus made.
Now, write down your prayer to Him
and tuck them safe inside.
This tiny little pocket will hold them
day and night.





When I first got this I pulled out the little note that gets held in the pocket and I wrote "A home of my own". At the time we were still in a rent house and we hated it. With time, patience, and a whole lot of prayer we have a home of our own!

Since the loss of Caroline I decided to update my prayer inside the cross. It now holds a note that says "A healthy baby". Once again, I know that with time, patience, and a whole lot of prayer  God will answer this prayer as well!




This picture is really hard to see the writing on the little note. Can you see how torn and bent the paper is? Its really nice to have place to tangibly leave your prayers and wishes to God instead of just thinking them in my head.







Love,

Hillary

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved