Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Save the Drama for Your Momma... Oh Wait, That's Me!

Lately we have been having drama with Grady and his new-found hatred for his highchair. Can I say just how much I am NOT ready for him to be done with his highchair yet?? Aside from the part that he just isn't eating as much as he used to, YOU SHOULD SEE THE MESS HE MAKES AT THE TABLE!

In the good old days, pre-highchair strike, he would gladly sit in it and eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks so peacefully. I could get dishes done, floors swept and mopped and countless other chores done all while he.sat.eating.But, alas, there is no more sitting.and.eating. There is only running.and.playing.and.drama.

Exhibit A: My sparkling clean Chico highchair
Once peaceful dinner times at our table are now completely over (at least for the next year I'm guessing). My ahem sweet child now spends these meal times running, playing, singing, or whatever catches his fancy at that second. He might on a good night dash past the table where I can shove a chicken nugget in his mouth before he can escape me.

Want to see what a candy bribe can do?


Exhibit B: My son sitting perfectly in his perfectly clean highchair saying "please" as hard as he can for candy.

Exhibit C: And now here is Grady once the candy is all gone and he can't have more. If only he could eat candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.


Drama Drama Drama! Thank God he's cute.

Love,

Hillary




1 comment:

Melanie Mueller said...

He sure is CUTE!! The joys of two year olds!! It is too bad that candy doesn't have some nutritional value!! =)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved